CCNA 3 Chapter 2 2017 Exam Answers 100%
- Which command will display the router’s ARP cache?
A. Router#show arp
B. Router#show arp table
C. Router#show arp cache
D. Router#show ip arp
- What is the default time an entry will live in the ARP cache?
A. 180 seconds
B. 240 seconds
C. 300 seconds
D. 600 seconds
- What is the relevance of the default gateway address on a host?
A. The destination IP address is replaced with the default gateway when the
destination is remote.
B. The host sends the default gateway packets that are deemed remote via a
C. The host sends an ARP packet for the default gateway when the destination is
D. The host creates a dedicated connection with the default gateway for remote
- Which command will display the router’s routing table?
A. Router#show ip route
B. Router#show route
C. Router#show route table
D. Router#show routes
- Which type of routing allows for routers to share their routing tables with other
routers in the network?
A. Default routing
B. Stub routing
C. Static routing
D. Dynamic routing
- Which statement describes what happens during the routing process?
A. As a packet travels through the routers, the TTL of the packet will increase by
B. When a route to the destination network is found, the router will attach the
destination MAC address for the next hop to the packet.
C. When a packet travels through the router, the transport information will be
checked for the destination network.
D. When a route to the destination network is found, the router will attach the
destination IP address for the next hop to the packet.
- Which protocol allows for testing and connectivity of a route?
- Which command will clear the ARP cache of the local router?
A. Router#clear arp
B. Router#clear arp table
C. Router#clear arp cache
D. Router#clear ip arp
- Which routing protocol is a distance-vector routing protocol?
- What uses ICMP to directly check the status of a router?A. SNMP traps
- When an ICMP packet reaches a router for which is has no further route, what
A. The router will discard the packet without notification.
B. The router will change the TTL of the packet to 0.
C. The router will send the packet back to the originating host.
D. The router will send back a destination unreachable message.
- You have just used the ping command for a distant router. You received back five
exclamation marks. What do these mean?
A. The distant router is not responding.
B. The distant router has a high response time.
C. The distant router is responding.
D. The distant router has a low response time.
- Which statement accurately describes a routing loop?
A. Packets are routed out one interface but come back on a different interface.
B. Packets are transmitted within a series of routers and never reach the
C. Packets reach the expiry TTL before reaching the destination network.
D. Packets are routed via an inefficient path.
- Which routing protocol is a link-state routing protocol?
- Where are dynamic routes stored in a router?
C. Startup configurationD. Running configuration