- When a static route is made, what is the default administrative distance?
A. AD of 1
B. AD of 0
C. AD of 2
D. AD of 255
- You are examining a routing table and see a route marked with S*. Which type of route is this?
A. Static route
B. Default route
C. Dynamic route
D. OSPF route
- You are examining a routing table and see the entry in the following exhibit. What does the 4 in the underlined number represent?
A. The 4 represents the administrative distance.
B. The 4 represents the protocol.
C. The 4 represents the metric.
D. The 4 represents the position in the routing table.
- What type of route is the destination of 0.0.0.0/0?
A. Local route
B. Dynamic route
C. Default route
D. Loopback route
- In the following exhibit, what does the top line of the output represent?
A. The 10.0.0.0/8 is a route in the routing table.B. The 10.0.0.0/8 is a summarization of the routes in the table.
C. The 10.0.0.0/8 is the router’s network address.
D. The 10.0.0.0/8 has been populated from another router.
- You are examining a routing table and see the entry in the following exhibit. What does the underlined number represent?
A. The number represents the current time.
B. The number represents the delay in micro seconds of the connection.
C. The number represents the time the route has been in the routing table.
D. The number represents the time the interface has been up.
- You need to create a route for a network of 192.168.4.0/24 through the gateway of serial 0/1 on a 2621 router. Which is the proper command?
A. Router(config)#ip route 192.168.4.0/24 serial 0/1
B. Router(config)#ip route 192.168.4.0 255.255.255.0 serial 0/1
C. Router(config)#ip route 192.168.4.0/24 interface serial 0/1
D. Router(config)#ip route
Router(config-rtr)#192.168.4.0/24 serial 0/1
- You type into the router ip default-gateway 192.168.11.2. Why will traffic not route out the default gateway?
A. The ip default-network needs to be used in conjunction with ip defaultgateway 192.168.11.2.
B. The command is only used for the management plane of the router itself.
C. The command is used for dynamic routing only.
D. The specified gateway is wrong.
- In the following exhibit, which route statement needs to be configured on Router A to allow routing to Network B?
A. RouterA(config)#ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 serial 0/1
B. RouterA(config)#ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1
C. RouterA(config)#ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.2
D. RouterA(config)#ip route 192.168.3.0 255.255.255.0 192.168.3.1
- In the following exhibit, which interface or IP address will a packet be routed to for a destination address of 192.168.4.56?
A. Interface Serial 0/0/1
B. Interface Serial 0/0/0
C. IP gateway of 192.168.4.1
D. Interface Serial 0/2/0
- You configure Router A in the following exhibit with a route statement to get to Network B. However, you cannot ping a host on Network B. What is the problem?
A. You must issue the ip routing command.
B. The host on Network B is misconfigured.
C. The host on Network A is misconfigured.
D. You must enter a network route on Router B for Network A.
- When you configure an IP address on a router interface, what happens to the routing table?
A. The router creates a /32 route for the IP address.
B. The router creates a summary address for the network.
C. The router creates a routing update if dynamic routing is configured.
D. All of the above
- You want to verify the IP addresses configured on the router. Which command will you use?
A. Router#show ip
B. Router#show ip interfaces brief
C. Router#show interfaces
D. Router#show ip brief
- You configure a brand new IP address on a new router’s interface. However, when you look at the routing table, it does not show up. You see a link light on the interface. What is wrong?
A. The interface is administratively shut down.
B. The interface speed is incorrect.
C. The interface bandwidth is not set.
D. The route will not show up until you save the config.
- In the following exhibit, which interface or IP address will the packet with a destination of 22.214.171.124 be routed to?
A. Interface Serial 0/1/1
B. Interface Serial 0/0/1
C. Interface Serial 0/2/0
D. There is no suitable route.