CCNA 3 Chapter 8 2017 Exam Answers 100%
- You have a network with varied bandwidths and need to choose a dynamic routing protocol. Which would you choose for optimal performance?
- Which problem could arise from use of a distance-vector routing protocol?
A. Routing loops
B. Router compatibility
C. Complexity of configuration
D. Default route propagation
- Which dynamic routing protocol uses the Dijkstra routing algorithm?
- Why don’t link-state protocols suffer from routing loops like distance-vector protocols do?
A. Link-state protocols require routers to maintain their own topology database of the network.
B. Link-state protocols share the topology database between all routers.
C. Link-state protocols allow routers to maintain a link-state database of all routers.
D. Link-state protocols use multiple routes to the same destination.
- Which dynamic routing protocol uses the Diffusing Update Algorithm as its routing algorithm?
- Which is a disadvantage of distance-vector routing protocols?
A. Router compatibility for RIP
B. Slow convergence of routing tables
C. Resource usage of CPU and RAM
D. The complexity of RIP design
- What is an advantage of a link-state dynamic routing protocol?
A. The only metric needed is hop count.
B. Link-state dynamic routing protocols support CIDR and VLSM.
C. OSPF requires only a small amount of resources such as CPU and RAM.
D. Link-state dynamic routing protocols use triggered updates for recalculation of
- What type of network is best suited for a link-state routing protocol such as OSPF?
A. Extremely small networks of three routers
B. Networks with routers that have a limited amount of RAM and CPU
C. Large hierarchical networks, like global networks
D. Networks within organizations with limited training of network admins
- Which dynamic routing protocol uses the Bellman-Ford routing algorithm?
- Which is a design concept used to stop routing loops with distance-vector dynamic routing protocols?
A. Use of a topology database
B. Use of holddown timers
C. Use of anti-flapping ACLs
D. Use of counting-to-infinity conditions
- Which is an exterior gateway routing protocol?
A. RIP v1
- Which protocol is a Cisco proprietary interior gateway protocol?
A. RIP v1
- Which statement is correct about interior gateway protocols (IGPs) vs. exterior gateway protocols (EGPs)?
A. Interior routing protocols are used to exchange information between autonomous systems.
B. Exterior routing protocols are used to exchange information between routers within an autonomous system.
C. Interior routing protocols are used to exchange information between routers within an autonomous system.
D. Exterior routing protocols are used in the core of an internal network.
- How are routers managed with interior gateway protocols?
A. Routers are grouped into autonomous systems.
B. Routing protocols are redistributed between ASs.
C. All routers use the same interior routing protocol.
D. All network IDs are advertised with the same autonomous system number.
- Which statement is correct about interior gateway protocols?
A. IGPs require a small number of resources, such as CPU and RAM.
B. IGPs function within an administrative domain.
C. An EGP is an example of an interior gateway protocol.
D. IGPs use autonomous system numbers (ASN) that have been assigned by ARIN