CCNA 4 Chapter 8 2017 Exam Answers 100%
- Which command will allow you to enter global configuration mode for editing RAM?
A. Switch#configure network
B. Switch#configure memory
C. Switch#configure overwrite-network
D. Switch#configure terminal
- Which command will allow you to verify the configured exec timeout?
A. Router#show version
B. Router#show terminal
C. Router#show exec-timeout
D. Router#show timeout-exec
- Which key sequence will cause a break during a network command such as ping or traceroute?
- Which command will display the serial number of the switch?
A. Switch#show version
B. Switch#show serial
C. Switch#show board
D. Switch#show controller
- You have a rather large configuration on a switch. You want to see the runningconfig, but only after port gi4/45. Which command will achieve this?
A. Switch#show running-config begin 4/45
B. Switch#show filter running-config 4/45
C. Switch#show running-config interface gi 4/45
D. Switch#show running-config | begin 4/45
- Which command will begin the upgrade of an IOS from a TFTP server?
A. Switch#copy tftp flash
B. Switch#copy tftp ios
C. Switch#copy tftp nvram
D. Switch#upgrade tftp flash
- Which command will allow you to verify the size of flash memory and how much space is still free?
A. Switch#show version
B. Switch#show free
C. Switch#dir flash:
D. Switch#show filesystem
- Which command will perform an MD5 hash against an image on flash memory so that you can verify its integrity?
A. Router#integrity md5 flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
B. Router#md5 flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
C. Router#verify /md5 flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
D. Router#integrity /md5 flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
- What is the default configuration register for a Cisco switch or router?
- Which command needs to be configured to enable the SSH Copy Protocol (SCP)?
A. Switch(config)#ip ssh server enable
B. Switch(config)#ip scp server enable
C. Switch(config)#service scp enable
D. Switch(config)#service scp-server
- Which copy method will encrypt the IOS over the network during an upgrade?
- You have enabled the SCP server on a switch, but when you try to log in it returns “access denied.” Which command must you configure to allow access to the SCP server if your username was scpadmin and your password was Sybex?
A. Switch(config)#ip scp user scpadmin password Sybex
B. Switch(config)#username scpadmin password Sybex
C. Switch(config)#username scpadmin privilege-level 15 password Sybex
D. Switch(config)#ip scp user scpadmin privilege-level 15 password Sybex
- Which command will allow you to view the contents of a file in the IOS File System (IFS)?
A. Switch#type flash:/info
B. Switch#file flash:/info
C. Switch#cat flash:/info
D. Switch#more flash:/info
- After copying an IOS image named c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin, you reboot the router only to find that it has booted to the old IOS image. What needs to be configured to boot the new image?
A. Router(config)#boot system flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
B. Router(config)#boot image flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
C. Router(config)#boot flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin
D. Router(config)#boot system-image flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-
- Which command will change the configuration register to 0x2100?
A. Router(config)#confreg 0x2100
B. Router#confreg 0x2100
C. Router(config)#config-register 0x2100
D. Router#config-register 0x2100
- Which command will help you verify what the configuration register is currently set to?
A. Switch#show confreg
B. Switch#show running-config
C. Switch#show version
D. Switch#show register
- What is the name of the system loaded on a router or switch when the primary IOS image fails to load?
- During a normal boot process, how does the bootstrap process decide which IOS version to load if multiple versions are present on flash?
A. The bootstrap process checks the startup-config in NVRAM.
B. The bootstrap process chooses the highest version.
C. The bootstrap process checks the configuration register.
D. The bootstrap process checks flash for a file named version.txt.
- You have just updated the IOS on a router and you have configured the command boot system flash:/c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.151-4.M4.bin. The command completes successfully, and you cycle the power. However, the original image boots. What is wrong?
A. You have incorrectly typed the image name.
B. You have not saved the configuration.
C. You are not licensed for the Universal feature set.
D. The IOS image needs to be verified before it can be used.
- You need to make sure that the running-config is saved every night to theNVRAM. Which method will allow you to achieve this task?
A. Training of network administrators to save configuration
B. Configuring an archive process on the router
C. Use of an external process such as Cisco Prime Infrastructure
D. Configuration of a TCL script